Raspberry Shake Manual#
Welcome to the documentation page for the Raspberry Shake product line, including our personal seismographs like the RS1D, RS3D, and RS4D, infrasound units like the RBOOM, hybrids like the RS&BOOM, and universal digitizers like the RJAM. You don´t own a Raspberry Shake yet? Click here to get yours now!
This is an online tutorial to help you get your Raspberry Shake product up and running. Setup and installation are easy, mostly “plug-and-go”.
Questions? Visit the Raspberry Shake Technical Support Forum.
Stay up-to-date: Subscribe to our Newsletter.
Quick Start Guide#
For a fast and easy way to make all Raspberry Shakes including the RS1D, RS3D, RS4D, RJAM, RBOOM and RS&BOOM, see:
default username: myshake; default password: shakeme
For quick solutions to common queries (Installation, Hardware, Software), please refer to this manual page:
GO ahead, dig into the details and discover more!
- Mobile and Web Apps
- How to visualize the waveforms in real time
- Other methods
- How to download your data
- Beginner’s guide to reading seismograms
- What’s inside a geophone?
- Teacher’s guide and tools for the classroom
- Raspberry Shake Station Naming Convention
- The Raspberry Shake Worldwide Network
- Technical Specifications
- Technical Specifications Documents
- What is the difference between the RS1D, RS3D and RS4D models?
- How does the Raspberry Shake compare to a broadband seismometer?
- Flow Chart For Raspberry Shake RS1D
- Metadata - Instrument Response Files - Self-Noise
- Timing Quality (NTP)
- RPi’s supported
- GPIO pins
- LED behavior
- IP67 M12 connector specifications
- Metadata - Instrument Response Files
- Change log
Power User Topics#
Even more topics for power users and Do It Yourselfers.
- Developer’s corner
- System administration topics
- Log Files
- microSD card topics
- Ready, Set, Get Hacked! Security and Raspberry Shake
- Firewall issues?
- How to access your Raspberry Shake’s computer via ssh
- How to connect to Raspberry Shake remotely
- Offline and stand-alone applications (like classroom demos)
- Discovery IP
- Static IP
- How to configure Wifi and USB wifi dongles from command-line
- How to setup USB GPRS
- How to mount a USB to store the waveform archive
- Recommendations for remote installations
- Even more topics for Power Users